Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Teochew Chai Kueh/ Crystal Kueh @ Homemade

Gonna share the recipe of the Chai Kueh with all of you. Simple yet delicious. Mum cooked it and it was yummy delicious~ here some photos to share~~Sth wrong with my watermark, (T_T) I think there is virus spoil my programme. Ingredients...This photo abit blurBefore steam After steam~~wah~~LOoks nice right? Mom homemade sauce
Recipe:

Ingredients: Skin

100g tangmin flour, 100g tapioca flour, 1 tsp salt, 2 tbsp oil

Filling:

1 pip garlic(minced), 40g dried shrimp(minced), 1 small yambean(shredded)

Seasoning:

2 tbsp osyter sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce, A little pepper, 1 tbsp sugar

For Garnishing:

2 tbsp fried shallot crisps, 1 stalk spring onion( minced), 1 red chilli(minced)

Method: 1) Heat up 2 tbsp oil. Saute garlic and dried shrimps. Add in yambean. Fry till fragrant. Add in seasoning and mix well. Dish up. Set aside. 2) Mix well skin ingredients. Pour some boiling water from a height. Stir quickly with a pair of chopsticks into a dough. 3)Take a small portion of (2), flatten it. Wrap in a portion of (1). Steam over low heat for 10 mins. Remove and garnish.

水晶糕:
材料:皮
澄面粉100 克,薯粉100克,盐1茶匙,油2汤匙
馅料:
蒜头1粒(剁碎),虾米40克(剁碎),沙葛1小粒(切丝)
调味料:
蚝油2汤匙,生抽2汤匙,胡椒粉少许,糖1汤匙
装饰:
炸葱头2汤匙,青葱1棵(切粒),红辣椒1条(切粒)

做法:
1)热2汤匙油,爆香蒜头及虾米,加入沙葛炒香,再加入调味料拌匀,取出待用。
2)将皮材料混合均匀,以适量热滚水从高处冲下,快速以一双筷子拌匀成团。
3)将(2)分成小团压扁,包入(1),放入蒸笼以小火蒸10分钟。取出装饰即可。

6 comments:

Taufulou said...

wahh!~ looks tempting neh..where is my share?3 pieces ta bau please..lol...

mine you no need ta bau la..u come down then we go eat together~

J2Kfm said...

wait, but the homemade sauce no recipe one ah? :)

looks thick, like satay sauce.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

fav food as a kid..

used to eat plenty for breakfast..yummm

vialentino said...

ur mom's chai kueh really looks delicious...it is my fav...every weeekend, my mom will do for me if i am back home...

Agnes Cheong said...

J2Kfm: erm...homemade sauce recipe I will get from mum n post it up later. It is actually cooked with dried shrimp I think...

"Joe" who is constantly craving: Haha...I long times didnt eat it already,ya used to eat it always when I was a kid.

Vialentino: Wah~~u really 'xing fu', got Yvn homemade soya and ur mom homemade chai kuey ~~

Agnes Cheong said...

J2Kfm : I havent manage to take the recipe from my mum n I back to kedah dy, she keeps on forget and wanna rest when I ask from her. LOL